The logo crappiness
If you read other articles written by me, you already know that I’m direct and I’m always speaking my mind. If you haven’t… well… you should know that I’m direct and I’m always speaking my mind. Hmm, deja-read!
This world is full of shitty logos. The explanation is quite simple – the stupids live in herds. And in case that’s too metaphorical for you, here’s a simple equation to make things clearer:
Avaricious & Uninformed Client + Cheap & Unskilled Designer = A big brown smelly dump as a logo
Hey, at least it will stand out… right?! Wrong! What your logo will evoke is exactly what people will perceive about your brand.
1. Was designed by an amateur – Only go with professionals, they’re the ones that know what must be done and, most important, how to do it!
2. Didn’t received an appropriate time budget – you can’t receive quality in a blink of an eye. I must use a well known saying, I really must: “Rome wasn’t build in a day!” and neither its logo!
3. It’s not a vector format – I beg your pardon, but size do matter! You need your logo to be scalable, right? Right? You want it to be printable on a business card and also on a bus, a building or on the moon.
4. It’s from a fucking stock website – Having the same logo as gazillions of other businesses it’s like all the people from this world having Your Name and Your Face.
“- Hi Bob!
– Hey, how are things Bob!
– Good Bob! Thanks for asking!
– Say Bob, how’s your wife?
– She’s just dandy. And how are your kids, Bob and Bob?…”
Need I say more ?
5. It’s a piece of shit copy of another logo – Yeah, a piece of baloney! And not that if it was an awesome and identical copy would have been O.K. It’s a crap logo because it’s a copy in the first place. The above “Bob” conversation stands under this point too.
6. Well, it’s not quite number six on this list… Six-ish… Take a look at some toilette stars.
I for one, am not! I’m only feeling angry because of the superficial clients, superficial designers and their leaved behind excrements. I would take their heads, gently, between my palms, look at them with my innocent eyes and with a swift move I’d smash their face on the library’s floor.
Read, learn, get better every day!